Ideal for a newborn, or use it to cuddle up for a movie night on the couch, this incredibly soft yak khullu blanket is warm and lightweight. It has been washed for added softness and a downy touch. Its design features a delicate border of handspun thread in pink that finishes with tassels on each of the blanket’s corners.
Care & Details
This blanket was made using the khullu of 2 yak
Size: 90 × 110 cm
Weight: Light, 190 g
Finishing: 1 cm fringe on two sides
- Composition: 100% yak khullu
- Base colour: Natural Yak White Base
- Provenance: Handwoven at Norlha Atelier using yak khullu sourced from local nomad cooperatives.
- Yak khullu: Khullu is the ultra-fine, downy undercoat that keeps yak insulated during harsh Tibetan winters. Each summer, the yak naturally shed this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.
- Technique: Hand Woven
- Artisans & Processes: A team of 10 artisans handmade this blanket at Norlha Atelier. During its production, it went through 14 highly specialised processes.
- Care: Use a mild detergent or regular shampoo and carefully hand-wash by submerging in cold water for 10–15 minutes. Alternatively, machine wash using the cold, delicate setting. Dry flat or on a clothesline away from direct sunlight; do not wring dry or tumble dry. To keep the fibre in optimal condition, gently steam iron.
Made on the Tibetan Plateau